Slowly Unravelling

This is to be my random ramblings of theatre, knitting, school life, my musical in progress, and anything I feel that the world should know about me. Why? you may ask. Well I'll tell you. Because I say so.

8.14.2006

Righty-ho

So, I finished Crime and Punishment and started Hamlet, which is turning out to be a bit more difficult to read than I anticipated mainly because I'm feeling exceedingly fidgety today (to put this in perspective, it took me 5 tries to type that sentence correctly) and so to remedy the problem I started knitting some new stuff.

I know. I'm a horrible person, but I'm 90% done with the short row hat. (basically I have to go and purchase size 6 double points because every pattern will call for some product that I don't own.) It's pink. It's cute. And right now there's a giant hole in the top (what the 6's are for) that makes my sister call it the "riders of Rohan" hat as she pulls my hair out the top.

And because I am not content with having just those projects going, I started the swallow-tail shawl in brown chenille. I've got 5 of the 14 repeats done before I start the edging. I should probably put it down. To be fair though, the edging is about a third of the finished length of the shawl. But I'm just making excuses.

The princpal has shot down all but two of the one-acts that the drama teacher submitted (this is the man who lets us read Antigone (think Oedipus Rex part 2) and The Way of the World (soap opera. everybody's sleeping around) but gets weirded out because the backdrop to a lady's basement her beer making area. He said maybe she could make root beer. We said we don't have to use the backdrop. He doesn't get it) So we're having some...hmm...artistic differences right now and the administration has hijacked the dinner theatre so that they can steal all of the money from it. (There is no cost for them to pay. The food is donated. Drama parents bring the desserts. we make$8000, we get $500. It's extortion.) and I didn't get assigned Thespian Society this year (they're assigning clubs now...) which should be interesting since I'm the President and our advisor gave them a list with people who had to be in it. yeah. they're trying to screw me over. fabrous day.

Much Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home