Slowly Unravelling

This is to be my random ramblings of theatre, knitting, school life, my musical in progress, and anything I feel that the world should know about me. Why? you may ask. Well I'll tell you. Because I say so.

7.27.2006

lost in fife...

Well, as you may or may not know, I can't follow directions to save my life. I strategically leave an extra 30-45 minutes early, just so if I get lost I can keep on looking for whatever it is I can't, for the life of me, locate. This happened on an earlier occasion that left me stranded under an overpass with a flat tire while in search of the Tacoma Convention Center. Not fun.

Today, I was supposed to meet Shobi (Shades of blue, the school singing group. We call it shobi because S.O.B. has some...shall we say negative conotations) at formal images to pick out new dresses for this years group. It's an 18 minute drive according to mapquest (not a helpful website, despite it's many claims.) and I left 30 minutes before I had to be there. Not a problem. I made it to Pacific Hghwy no problem and spent the next five minutes trying to decide which lane I needed to be in. According to the choir teacher, it was across from the harley delearship, which really didn't help, since the stupid thing is in an unmarked warehouse with an entrance facing the oncoming traffic. It also shares this warehouse with a landscaping-type company and something that involves large trucks. (I'm not sure what, there were just trucks.) I turned in and thought that I was at the wrong place, so I turned out, then realized I was at the right one and couldn't turn around. There were no other driveways. No other streets to use. Nothing. So I went on a15 minute jaunt trying to find a Megan-proof place to turn around. (it happens to be a cul-de-sac) I left 15 minutes early, showed up 5 minutes late. I love my life.

So I hate maps. And driving. I'd rather be knitting my happy orange boucle sweater. that is all

Much Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home