Slowly Unravelling

This is to be my random ramblings of theatre, knitting, school life, my musical in progress, and anything I feel that the world should know about me. Why? you may ask. Well I'll tell you. Because I say so.

6.23.2006

Cleaning for company

I've been giving cleaning some thoughts. Why do we clean for company? Shouldn't they just accept us the way we are. Why do we put on a facade for them? Are we just not good enough, not matter how hard we try?

So to make up for our lack of self confidence, my theory is that we clean. A clean home is the one thing we can show off with, even if it nearly kills us in the process. Now, I know that some places need to be cleaned, but that's because they're coated in a layer of dust measurable with you standard, non-metric ruler. There's really no need to clean absolutely every nook and cranny in a house for people who should love you for who you are. Besides, a little clutter helps me to feel at home.

I just started the edging on my shawl and I've noticed that progress is moving much much slower. I've also noticed that I've only added about 20 stitches, so it shouldn't be. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with me stopping every 3 stitches to admire my work. My mother is yelling at me to go clean now, so more later, including a fluffy, 70's afghan. Much Love.

Megan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home