Slowly Unravelling

This is to be my random ramblings of theatre, knitting, school life, my musical in progress, and anything I feel that the world should know about me. Why? you may ask. Well I'll tell you. Because I say so.

7.26.2006

Life after Vacation

Well--
I caved. I worked on my shawl most of my vacation instead of reading my book, and when I ran out of yarn for the shawl, (because I am a blooming idiot and didn't bring an extra ball, even though I knew I'd need one) I went to the LYS and purchased a sweater pattern and yarn for a sweater and started knitting that. (I'm done with everything except the hood and sleeves. Seriously, I need to read my books) I have 14 rows left on the shawl which is between 7 and 10.5 hours of work. (which I should sacrifice for reading. but probably won't)

The sweater is worked in a German yarn, Bella (a german company names their yarn in Italian. I am entertained. I thought only America stole words from the romance languages) from some company that I can't remember the name of to save my life. It's knit from the top down, then the sleeves are tied off to be knitted later and you work the whole body in one fell swoop (it's zip up, so I'm constantly trying it on) and then pickup for the hood and grab the stitches off the yarn (which I tied them off with about three days ago) and knit those babies too. All st st. (except about 15 total rows of ribbing for edges). I really wish I could read and knit at the same time, but alas.

We went to Cannon Beach Christian Conference Center (henceforth to be refered to as CBCC) and even though it sounds like watching paint dry, God lives there and it's more fun than you can shake a stick at. The youth program was much better than two years ago (where the group that I chose to hang out with included a pot-smoking alchoholic and the girl who promised to make out with him if he'd hang up the booze. along with other gems of society.) This year we had huge spiritual discussions and the theme was authenticity, so the leaders talked with us about everything, from the knit-picky to the globably important (my favorite question is 'why does God love us? think about it. It'll blow your mind) Good times

I've gone from working a 3 hour day to a 6 hour day, to an 8 hour day, to an 8 hour day where I'm stuck at the freaking clinic for an extra 2 hours because my parental units decided to put off the paperwork to some ungodly hour. Basically I have 0 free time. It's fabulous.

I've been doing some theatre pondering lately and am trying to decide if I want to do 1,2,3 or 4 different plays this fall. (to be fair, 1,2 and 3 are one acts at school, so it's basically do I want to do all that and a dinner theatre where I'm a main character) this is a thought that's going to take some more time for two reasons

1. I'm taking 3 AP classes (English, Calculus, and Biology. I'm such an overachiever.) and Mr Cleavanger's American Government. I have about 3 hours of homework a night.

2. Aside from that my schedule is pretty solid. No free time. Especially since this is my senior year in voice and piano and I want to do a full blown aria from an Opera this year for musical (with the cadenzas and the two octaves above middle C and the runs and trills and the crazy jumps. I want it all)

So is it a good idea to be memorizing 4 scripts on top of all this? (probably not, but it doesn't mean I won't try)

I jsut realized how rediculously long this is. Have fun.

Much Love.

PS--I may get my musical--Clue (I know, It's a musical? but right now I'll take anything)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home