Slowly Unravelling

This is to be my random ramblings of theatre, knitting, school life, my musical in progress, and anything I feel that the world should know about me. Why? you may ask. Well I'll tell you. Because I say so.

9.10.2006

Stewart and Ethel

Here are some pictures of Stewart in progress (I have somewhere around 5 inches left. I'll finish it tonight-ish)



















And here are the finished (sort of) pictures of Ethel. I haven't blocked her yet but you can get the basic idea and see what I mean by the world's weirdest yarn.























































































I still need to block it and then weave in the ends but there are 4 of them so I'm not stressed (that's right, I only had to change the ball once. I was so proud.)

I want to start the airy sweater from interweave (some season ago. I'm too lazy to go check) becuase I bought 1050 yds of a white lace-weight-ish yarn (capelli by Mango Moon, I think) for making a fancy wedding style shawl (I'm really shawl obsessed right now. I think lace is the best thing since sliced bread) but it doesn't knit good lace because the fuzz is so thick. It's like trying to knit a shawl in mohair, except the mohair won't stop clinging to itself. And the lace only shows up on size 4,000,000 needles. It's really obnoxious, but it looks just right for said cardigan. I didn't bother to really check gauge because we all know how I feel about that. I'll just knit the bottom edge (You make the ruffle and then pick up stitches) If it matches their measurments, I'll stick with it. If not, I'll rip it out and make...a blanket or something. I don't know.

School is looking busy. I read Oedipus Rex, Othello, The Butler Did It, and Steel Magnolias (first two for english, second two for drama) this weekend and I need to read the rest of the plays my director gave me. The administration turned them all down and I'm pretty good at rewording anything offensive and working around the ris-kay. It's a gift. I did find things I could not change. There's a scene in The Butler Did It where they discuss partial nudity and it's kind of pivital to the plot because it feeds into the denumeunt (I don't think I spelled that right but what the hey.) My mother is bothering my to move my knitting off the kitchen table being that it is about the time of the day where we need it to eat. (funny how that works.) So more later.

Much Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home