Slowly Unravelling

This is to be my random ramblings of theatre, knitting, school life, my musical in progress, and anything I feel that the world should know about me. Why? you may ask. Well I'll tell you. Because I say so.

9.05.2006

Never rip back brown chenille

So Ethel...is...done...after much stress. I had to rip back ten rows which seems like no big deal until you realize that

1. it's impossible to see brown chenille on any carpet in my house
2. the yarn wanted to pull back through itself every single row
3. there are 400 stitches to pick up
4. 1/3 of those stitches are yarn overs
5. I anything ends up dropped, It's a screw that type mistake becuase I have no idea how to p5tog with a crochet hook.

But I did it. And I finished it. All the way to the happy little points. Pictures when my internet connection stops hating me. (have I ever told you I hate computers? I have? well I do.) It still needs to be blocked but this is a minor detail. Plus it ended up looking really classy and casual at the same time. And I hate ponchos. But I love this shawl (don't ask why I toy with fate every project I attempt)

Stewart...is. He's sitting on the top of one of my dressers (the one that stores the largest percentage of the stash.) I haven't worked on him for about two weeks but I only have the forearm of one sleeve left. It's just lost it's magic. At least there's no sewing. I can't sew.

Last year I knit this giant orange sweater from lionbrand















And I look--not surprisingly--like a fat pumpkin. Well, I put it in these drawers built into the wall under my closet and mice chewed a hole in it. Is it wrong to feel attachment to a garment despite hating the finished product? That's all we're going to say about that.

Much Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home